HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A slightly smaller Mess

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 01:17

OOC: they will be facing... space marines. In no small numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 01:19

OOC: They’ll die in droves, I know. But it’s sonething to command and a literal horde of redshirts to use as you please
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 01:36

Diana: well they're probably not going to get it are they?

Lyanna: how do you plan on explaining me to the PDF?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 02:21

Laurence: "I'm not going to. My plan, in its entirety. Is to wave this about" *He pulls a inquisitorial rosette from his trouser pocket* "And shoot anyone who questions it."

Tyren: "It depends what it is."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 02:23

Lyanna: fun.

Diana: something more than war. War is all there is in this gods forsaken galaxy.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:05

Tyren: "Of course there is something other than war. That is what we're fighting for. So others can live safely"

Laurence: "And hope an actual inqusitor doesn't come to check up on me."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:10

Diana: how long have you been doing that?

Lyanna: heh.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:13

Tyren: "In the region of ten thousand years." *he says this with no small hint of pride.*

Laurence: "Cause then... matters are gonna get a little dicey."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:14

Diana: and does it show any sign of stopping?

Lyanna: I guessed

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:24

Tyren: "No. It is called the long war, for a very good reason. But if i had not fought... would there be a humanity left?"

Laurence: "...Then i'm gonna have to ask you to find a shovel, cause we're burying an inquisitor."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 03:26

Diana: maybe. But it'd be over.

Lyanna: Treason, 'inquisitor'?

OOC *meanwhile, with noctis n rae n co...*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 17:29

Tyren: "Humanity is the bastion of this galaxy. Without humanity, all life will cease to exist."

Laurence: "Copious quantities of it in fact."

OOC: Where were we?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-06, 22:12

Diana:...that is so not true it hurts

Lyanna: *chuckle*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 01:27

Tyren: "What else will stand against the tyranid threat?"

Laurence: "Alll of the treason."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 02:14

Diana: orks, eldar, Tau, all the other races, do I have to keep going? Humans aren't the only cocking race in the galaxy capable of putting up a fight.

lyanna eyeroll

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 02:38

Tyren: "....The Orks will not unite until it is too late, the eldar are a dying race without the numbers to fight such a threat, and the tau are a new race, without the numbers to fight such a threat. You can keep going, and will also."

Laurence: "Anyway, I'm gonna gather everyone together in the theater, in... *looks at his watch* like an hour, to brief them on the giant bunch of dicks heading our way. You gonna sit in on that or...?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:12

Lyanna: and the imperium is a dying empire beset on all sides, zealously dedicated to figuring out the meaning behind which bit of their god ruler dropped off from rot today.

Lyanna: alright.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:15

Tyren: "And yet it remains."

Laurence: "oh, also, Tyren's awake again."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:20

Diana: and so do the orks. And the eldar. And the necrons. Do I have to keep going?

Lyanna: took him Fuckin long enough...

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:24

Tyren: "The necrons aren't part of this. They're not alive."

Laurence: *shrug* "I'm not part of your domestic"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:26

Diana: they've fought.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:35

*Laurence wanders out*

Tyren: "The tyranids have no incentive to fight them."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:38

Diana: you don't know enough about them then. Our intel indicates the Tyranids view entities like necrons and daemons, not as prey, but rival predators that must be destroyed lest they cost them potential prey.

*dot dot dot*

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 03:50

Tyren: "But. The necrons defeat the tyranids whenever they come into contact. The hive mind learns."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 21:58

Diana: is literally your only reasoning right now 'because tyranids'?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-07, 22:09

Tyren: "And the long war of course."
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-08, 21:34

*Within the mighty cathedral, at the heart of the hammer, Za'thun, venerated Chaplain of the company leads the morning prayer. The cavernous space, with its high arched ceiling, and ornately carved and embossed pillars, is filled with gentle light from gigantic stained glass window, backlit by glow globes. The scenes depicted upon the windows are great moments of the chapters past, the thousand recieving battle honours from the emperor for their actions at the tempest galleries, vulkan kneeling before the emperor, and other, more abstract scenes. An astartes standing between a cowering woman, and a stylized depiction of some tyranid beast. Notable by their absence from the service, are the assault marines, and brother Mallus. Attendance is far from mandatory, however, as often brothers seek solitude in their prayer time.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 18:28

Noctis stands alone in the doorway, helm on, silently studying the scene before him.

Diana: against us.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 20:21

*Za'thun stands at the altar, unarmoured and stripped to the waist. Behind him, in a circular pit, edged with blackened steel, a flame burns. From what noctis can gather, the flame is always lit for some kind of religious reason. A gold bound book, with steel pages is open on the altar, the roaring flame behind him silhouetting him with a saint-like aura.*

Za'Thun: "Brothers... becalmed in the immaterium as we are... *he grips the lectern with both hands.* It becomes more important than ever that our minds be steeled, focused, on the task set before us by our lord... Some claim we have veered from the course... that by associating ourselves with this... inquisitor. we have violated our oaths. in spirit, if not in word.... *he pauses, looking across the crowd of astartes before him. sat at the pews. some in armour, some without.* But have we not done good? have we not protected the innocent?... Our oath remains, brothers. As it always shall..." *he pauses once more, and seems perched on the edge of diving into another rant.*

Tyren: "Against chaos."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 20:35

noctis waits for him to finish, respectfully

Diana: including us.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 20:54

*this continues for a full half hour. With the topics covered veering generally towards maintaining mental fortitude during the prolonged inactivity, with passages to that effect read from the book sitting on the lectern. He finishes succinctly.* "The navigators have reported that the hammer will exit the immaterium shortly... given the nature of the blasted hellscape, now is the time to honour yourself brothers. May the flame bring presence of mind." *he closes the gold bound book. Turns, and takes something from the fire behind him, he holds it in the air, a length of some blackened material, with a small bar of metal, white hot, at its end. The chaplain presses it into the black flesh of his neck. He does not flinch.*

Tyren: "Yes."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:04

Noctis waits for the congregation to disperse before he approaches the chaplain, remaining silent all the while

Diana gives him a look.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:13

*The chaplain is placing the gold bound book back inside an exquisitely carved stone casket. As Noctis nears he sees the casket is in fact covered entirely in minute text, wrapping, and curving around itself to give the impression of larger designs. Inside it is padded with White cloth, and multiple other, gold bound tomes rest beside the one the chaplain just laid down. As he approaches, Za'Thun straightens, and turns.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:20

noctis bows his head, the white and red stripes denoting his rank obvious to see.
"Lord chaplain."

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:41

Tyren: "My relationship with lyanna does not change my view of the iron warriors as a whole."

Za'Thun: "Lieutenant... You have questions?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:44

Noctis: I seek...guidance, on behalf of myself and my brothers.

Diana: I never said it did.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-09, 22:59

Za'Thun: "Well, I will do my best to provide."

Tyren: "...Are you upset about... what is going to happen?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 01:01

Noctis: I am sure you are aware of the...sentiment several of our more experienced brothers share about us.

Diana: guess.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 01:26

Za'Thun: "I am indeed."

Tyren: "...Hmn. But you understand why, it will happen?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 02:24

Noctis: My brothers... cannot help but hear. Be it the whispers, or that which is said to our faces. It has caused one or two to have..doubts. About the chapter our revered brother taught us to revere. I fear if it is not addressed, some may stray.

Diana: I know.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 02:41

Za'Thun: "I have faith this... attitude. will be addressed by your valour. Those who disapprove of you do so mainly because of distrust. Ours is a close knit order by its nature. Prove yourselves to be worthy of their trust on the field of battle, and even brother Logen will happily call you brother."

Tyren: "I am sorry it must be this way."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 22:10

Noctis: I do not doubt this...however I find myself in need of some way to... keep their minds content until the time comes. This is our first encounter with our chapter outside of our revered brother ancient, you understand. Some have found it a little...jarring.

Diana:.... *looks at him* You know...I almost beleive you.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 23:54

Tyren: "I will have to apologise to lyanna as well..."

Za'Thun: "I understand it that Raeven rather publicly denounced the idea you were unwelcome... Is that not sufficient?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-10, 23:58

Diana: what?

Noctis: he did... and for some it is. Brother chaplain... May I ask your opinion on the subject of...us?

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:10

Tyren: "I promised i would not go to war..."

Za'Thun: "You are Vulkan's sons. You fight for the imperium?"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:11

Diana: *sighs*

Noctis: with all that we are.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:16

Tyren: "Indeed..."

Za'Thun: "Then you are brothers in my eyes, and the Emperors."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:18

Noctis: I thank you brother... I think that will suffice. To know one such as yourself, as well as the captain, has faith in us should alleviate any doubts.

Diana: well great.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:56

Tyren: "I'm not sure if i should go talk to her..."

Za'Thun: "Prove our faith correct, and the company will welcome you as brothers."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 00:58

Diana: well, I don't give a shit. Fuck her as far as I'm concerned.

Noctis: aye, brother. My thanks.

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2018-01-11, 01:20

Tyren: "I think you've misjudged our relationship..."

Za'Thun: "Do not mind brother logen. He is... set in his ways."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next