Share | 

Of Beasts and Knights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:04

*angrily it kicks at heigen, hard*

the skaven jerks his head to the side of the attempt. at that moment vorstan feels something wrapped around his leg. the warlord's tail pulls, hard, causing vorstan to fall on his ass

the fiend has not noticed her yet as it keeps a bashing
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:08

*Vorstan sends a wave of pure telekenetic force into the warlords's stomach, with enough force to lift him off his feet. Rolling over and rising to his feet, sword in a high guard.*

*Heigen chokes up on his axe, punching at the kicking foot, so that the force of both his punch, and the beast's kick drive the blade almost all the way through its unarmoured foot.*

*an arrow punctures its eye.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:11

the warlord backflips, also landing with his sword in a guard position

the fiend looks at him angrily, not showing any sign of pain, before smashing down at him with one of its fists

the fiend reels in pain from the arrow to the eye, looking around angrily for the firer

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:13

*Another arrow buries itself just next to its other eye.* "Does that Huuuurrrrtttt Dear?"

*Heigen is flattened, and yet, somehow isn't dead after that, he pushes himself up, his cracked helmet exposing his blood soaked grin*

Vorstan: *he steps forwards, moving his sword in a sweeping figure of eight.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:20

it begins to flail about angrily, smashing into anything close to it, luckily mostly marauders and gors. mostly.

the fiend looks down at heigen before treading on him

the warlord grins before starting to slowly circle vorstan

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:28

*Vorstan continues to advance on the warlord, moving his sword in a quick figure of eight, his face impassive behind his helmet*

*Heigen rolls out of the way, then swings his axe in a wide arc, while on his back, slamming the blade into the other, again unarmoured foot*

*Zyleena starts pumping arrows into its neck*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 01:31

at this point the warlord has circled enough that he is inbetween vorstan and the wall, vorstan's  back to the rest of the army. At that moment, Vorstan feels the slam of a warplock jezzail shot hit him right in the back of the shoulder.

*it still remains unphased as far as its injuries are concerned, swinging at heigen again with one if its fists*

*the fiend continues its blind rampage through everything, although in doing so it exposes its' 'second brain' to zyleena*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:26

OOC: *Waits*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:31

a while later, the border prince' scouts come across a small group of centigors in the woods

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:37

*The group fan out slightly and watch*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:45

the centigors appear to be headed for the village, spread out quite far

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:48

*A pair of scouts immediately take off to alert their superior*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:49

the centigors are followed not long after by chaos warhounds

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 02:53

*The rest now take off*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 20:01

*Zyleena slots an arrow right into it*

*Vorstan grunts and drops to one knee, without the regeneration abilities of his compatriot champions, he feels pain a great deal more severely than them. He manages to keep his sword up in somewhat of a guard however*

*Heigen ducks the swing, and flourishes the twin axes, opening cut after cut. He intends to bleed the beast dry, and, apparently, make a show of it.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 22:21

it screeches loudly as it continues to flail in pain

in vorstan's moment of distraction, the warlord suddenly dashes forward, shoving it's gigantic shoulder into his face with incredible force

the giant rat is still unphased by such wounds as it continues to swing at him. he's probably doing damage, it's just too dumb to notice

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 22:36

*Back at the village?*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 22:43

*Vorstan's helmet cracks, the steel shearing across his right eye. Revealing a sliver of his tanned skin. He slides back a few feet, keeping his footing on the soft earth, then whispering a single word under his breath, incomprehensible. With that, the blade of his sword ignites, creating a covering of flickering purple and blue flame.*

*Heigen realises the folly, and begins to instead target the beasts tendons, a blade flashes, and shears its hamstring, the tightly wound sinew snapping with a sound like a balista's string.*

*Zyleena continues to launch arrow after arrow, a veritable pile of quivvers next to her, no doubt salvaged from dozens of corpses*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 23:08

*it seems surprisingly quiet at the village for a little while after that*

The skaven warlord does not let up however, the moment after the shoulderbarge he begins to strike at vorstan, again and again, with dizzying speed

the giant rat roars and falls down onto one knee

finally the stormfiend falls, several dozen dead marauders and gors later

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 23:11

*The first scout rides in, and immediately the mercenary company ready themselves, blocking the streets with blocks of disciplined spearmen, behind them are row upon row of crossbowmen. Finally the archers assume their place on the rooftops, overlooking the defenders*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 23:23

*Vorstan deflects strike after strike, his blows and parries becoming less and less measured, and restrained, more and more, he swings his great blade like a club, rather than a sword. He bellows in incoherent rage at the ratman, in a tongue none around understand* "Mati kau sialan keparat banget sial!!!! KAU!! KAU!! KAAAAUUUU!!!!!"

*Heigen prepares himself to deliver the cou de grais, flipping his axes around in his grip, then slamming both into its skull, ramming the spikes through its temples*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 23:40

too late vorstan feels something again coil around his leg, as the rat-man pulls it out from under him with his tail. as he falls to the ground the rat takes the oppertunity to hook his sword around vorstans and disarm him, knocking his sword aside. He goes to stab vorstan in the chest with his sword

the rat bellows, smashing headfirst into the nearest wall

for a while nothing at the village. maybe it was a false alarm?

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-19, 23:57

*Vorstans fist slams into the side of the blade, knocking it off course, so it buries itself into the ground next to him, he then drives his elbow up into the rat's face*

*Axes spikes still embedded, he hauls the rat's head back, and slams it into the wall again... and then again. and again. After about five successive smacks, the rat's head is little more than a bloodied stump*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-20, 00:13

the rat steps back, pulling the blade out of the ground before going for a slash this time...this time something else gets in the way unseen to vorstan

*finally at this point the rat falls*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-20, 00:24

*The other scouts return and the group takes a moment to rest, constantly watching the lands surrounding the village*

OOC: Okay so it's a fairly small village built on a shallow hill, only three paths lead into it. These paths are wide enough for about 2 carts to pass eachother. So their ranks are 8 men wide at the most. The village is surrounded by lots of flat farmland with a wide river running nearby.

The mercenaries have formed themselves up into 3 main blocks consisting of 20 sword/spear men each. These groups are blocking off the 3 paths into the village, having formed themselves into a testudo(8 wide, 4 deep). Behind them are 10 man strong groups of crossbowmen, who are able to fire over the formation due to the shallow hill. Finally there are 10 archers scattered about on rooftops.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-05-20, 20:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-20, 15:43

*Vorstan climbs to his feet, lifting his sword*

Heigen: "FEAR ME YOU RODENT FILTH!" *With that he jumps off the rat's carcass into the main force of the stormvermin, his rage overflowing. Every blade that strikes him is returned in kind, the blood he spills returning to him, his wounds knitting back together as quickly as the rat men can make them*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-20, 16:36

the thing that stopped the sword was a halberd. Rosa's halberd. The warlord steps back rapidly, glaring at the two as he does, sword in a guard position

*at which point heigen receives a blow to the back. one that electrocutes him, and sends him flying*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-20, 19:03

Vorstan: *he looks at rosa* "Anda memiliki anak saya... *then swings his blade into a high guard.* mari kita bunuh makhluk ini" *He advances, his blade hung by his side. Wielding the zweihander in one single hand*

*Heigen strikes a wall, and goes straight through it.* "Credit... Where it be due. That. FUCKING. HURT."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 00:00

the rat starts to circle again 
Rosa: Vorstan... we need to pull back

*it's the third stormfiend, this one armoured*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 00:04

*heigen hurls a hammer out through the hole in the wall. The building he was thrown into seems to be a smith's shop* "OY! FUCK UGLY!"

Vorstan: "Putra suku ti'dak mun'dur" *with that he charges the rat, left shoulder leading and the blade trailing on the ground behind*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 00:11

it looks at him, its face hidden by an expressionless helmet

the rat simply rolls to one side, causing vorstan to overshoot, taking the moment to pounce on rosa. she attempts to defend herself but is clearly outmatched, and ends up being throws full on at vorstan

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 00:37

*Vorstan catches her with his free hand, then steps forwards, and thrusts his blade at the rat's heart*

heigen: "COME GET SOME THEN!" *another hammer*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 01:08

the warlord easily sidesteps, using vorstan's miss as an oppertunity to slice at him, cutting deep into vorstan's arm, his armour saving him from losing the arm entirely

it begins to barrel towards him, electricity building

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 02:27

*heigen throws an anvil at it. Square in the face. Easilly half a ton of cast iron, topped with a forge hardened steel plate smacks into its head*

*Vorstan smiles, just a crack of his grin viable through the split in his helmet* "Kahoom." *Onomatopoeias it seem, have no language barrier. The flame engulfing his blade blossoms out, flinging the rat, and igniting fur and cloth on his person, and causing no small amount of pain.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 18:25

it staggers back a little at that, but just seems to be angry

the warlord shows no sign of being in pain, but simply sighs. he darts forward, rolling under vorstan's guard and slashes upwards, cutting right through his armour on his torso, not quite deep enough to do too serious damage but still leaving a scar right up his body

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 18:33

*As it staggers, an axe follows. burying itself in the beasts forehead. Heigen charges out of the building, wielding his other axe*

Vorstan: "Kamu melukai aku baji'nagan" *he looks at the warlord.* "...Kutuk."

*Meanwhile, in the gate, the stormvermin are beginning to thin, with thorgar at the head of the warriors, they've formed a slow but inexorable meatgrinder*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 19:00

*the axe doesn't go in too far due to helmet, but the beast barrels forward, electricity flaring*

the warlord isn't done, as he wraps his tail this time around vorstan's neck. the tail is strong enough to pull him off his feet, throwing him face-first into the dirt

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 19:33

*Heigen charges forwards as well, axe in his left hand, and his right clenched into a fist*

*Vorstan grunts under the weight. With his blade trapped under his body, he lets go of it, and starts weaking beating on the rat's tail*

Thorgar: "FORWARD!" *With that, he and the warriors push forth, breaking the weakened stormvermin.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 20:35

*the beast swings*

the rat simply cackles at him, before quickly going on the defensive as rosa rushes it with her halberd. it goes poorly for her, and she ends up almost losing her leg in the effort

*the rats on the wall breaches are doing far better than those at the gate*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 20:46

*As thorgar breaks through, he charges directly for the warlord, while the warriors he broke through with split, half heading left, the other half heading right. surrounding the two groups attacking the walls.*

*Heigen ducks the swing, and rams his axe up into its armpit* "SLAANESHI! KILL THIS THING!"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 20:59

the jezzails begin sniping at the warriors who've broken through as the stormvermin's rearguard turn to face the warriors with regimented precision, a wall of halberds meeting them. 
the warlord meanwhile throws vorstan to one side as he turns to face thorgar, sword in a guard position "MAN-THING! COME TO DIE!"

the creature bellows as it swings for him. it doesn't even need to hit him, the electricity has built to the point that even coming close will deliver a dangerously powerful bolt into heigen

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 21:03

*An arc cracks off into heigen as he buries his axe, flinging him into the cobbled street* "OW!"

Zyleena: *She swings down from the battlements, and the rat beast feels three light impacts in its back, then excruciating pain as three red flashes burst from its chest and embed themselves in the building in front of it* "So you neeeeeed my help do you Heigen?"

Heigen: "Fucking yes." *Still on his face*

Thorgar: *He silently advances, shield raised*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 21:11

the beast roars loudly as it flails at her. the electricity starts to build up across its armour again, with the possibility of delivering a dangerous zap to zyleena by proximity too should she stay there

the skaven grins as it begins to circle thorgar

meanwhile the chaos warriors at the gate hear a rumbling sound from the skaven's reserve lines

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 21:24

*Zyleena pirouettes back, and extends a hand towards the beast as she does so. It feels another three impacts in its back, then more red flashes, as whatever she threw return to her hand. Dripping with blood, three feathers sit between her fingers* "Come on cheri... Hit me."

Thorgar: *He leads with a thrust, testing the ratman's reactions*

*The warriors simply redouble their efforts, crushing the stormvermin between their two relentless advances, rendering their long polearms ineffective*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 21:32

it turns towards her with a roar and thunders forwards

he sidesteps with ease, using the oppertunity to slash at him

the thundering reveals itself to be a mighty doomwheel, thundering towards the walls with worrying speed. its warp lightning projectors cook several chaos warriors as it advances, before smashing into the rearlines on one flank, any who could not get out of the way in time, be they gor, marauder or warrior, being crushed to a pulp by the war-machine

Last edited by Gorath on 2017-05-21, 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 22:04

*He blocks with his shield, and slashes for the beasts neck*

*She turns and sprints towards the wall, talons digging in as she latches onto it*

*The warriors outside the walls notice in time to say their goodbyes to the ratmen, mostly in the forms of curses and laughter. However, those warriors inside the walls, far more engaged in the melee, only those on the back line and a few who press up against the wall manage to escape a grizzly death.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 22:55

the warlord dodges with ease before stepping backwards out of striking distance

the creature follows angrily

the doomwheel continues its rampage as the stormvermin continnue fighting back, putting up a LOT of resistance despite the circumstances, giving as good as they get

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-21, 23:29

*Zyleena runs up the wall, then leaps when she reaches the top, sailing over its head, she runs her left hand through her hair, pulling four more of the feathers from it, and launching both them, and the three in her right down at the beast. They puncture its body across its head and shoulders, plummeting through it. Those which hit two layers of bone stop within its body, those which pass through only one, or just flesh bury themselves in the stone beneath. She lands gracefully. with one arm extended back, one forwards. her posture is slightly off, as her right shoulder is not quite as flexible as it should be.*

*thorgar advances rapidly with a single loping stride, striking forwards with the rim of his shield*

*Heigen turns his attention to the doomwheel, wondering how he could stop such a device.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-22, 00:19

it roars angrily

it sidesteps such, rolling, almost getting behind thorgar

*doomwheel rampage montage*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-22, 00:31

*Zyleena clenches her fists, and the feathers tear from its body, returning to her hands*

*Thorgar steps forward and turns, keeping the shield pointed at the skaven* "What do you want with it, skaven?"

Heigen settles on the simplest option. He hefts the anvil he threw at the beast, and hurls it at the gigantic wheel
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   2017-05-22, 01:49

it roars angrily, barreling towards her with pure rage

Warlord: "it?"

*he doesn't really damage the wheel, but he does send it off course, going right through some poor sod's house and out the other side*

PostSubject: Re: Of Beasts and Knights   

Back to top Go down

Of Beasts and Knights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next