Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stars Without Number

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 20:09

Stars without number is a sci fi/cyberpunkish setting that bears some striking resemblances to 40k. Here be a dropbox link to the core pdf https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibzs54hr7w3l7dt/Stars_Without_Number.pdf?dl=0

If anyone wants anything that isn't in the book, ask me, there are supplement books which may contain it. But besides that, go wild lads, make any form of character you like.

We can do this on the forum, or if we can organise a time, and all turn up, we could use roll20. I'd be Dming this shenanigan.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 20:21

You'll be starting on a tech level 4 world, in a pretty shitty city, think megacity 1 or downtown Detroit. You'll all have accepted a mysterious job offer, for something less than legal, thats the campaign's entry point.

Details of the job are thin on the ground, but the money seems too good to pass up. One thousand Credits per head, that kind of money could set you up for a long time, or buy some really nice equipment.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 20:23

I'm putting no restrictions on class, you wanna go psion go psion. But chat amongst yourselves, a full team of psions won't do too well in a system like this. Its pretty heavy on non combat resolutions. You'll always have an easier time of it bribing, blackmailing, hacking or sneaking than going through the front door. When you do fight it out, its best to have a big numbers advantage or a trap or ambush. Characters have low health and die easily, don't expect to be eating bullets.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 21:02

It says to discuss potential starter packages with the DM, so you I guess.

I'm thinking of having a disgraced captain of a warship (will go into detail later) but the PDF doesn't mention them. So would you mind if I throw some ideas at you using the skill list in the PDF?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 21:17

Yeah sure, there is a blank starter package if you so desire, so you can pick and choose whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 22:06

Name: Robert Darjeeling
Class: Expert
Homeworld: Belimawr
Language: English(and Welsh but let's be honest everyone speaks English)

Background package: Noble
Training Package: Line Officer

Skills: Combat/Primitive, Culture/Belimawr, Culture/Spacer, Leadership(1), Persuade(1),Bureaucracy(0), Tactics(0), Combat/Projectile(0), Vehicle/Space(1), Business(0), tech/pretech, vehicle land(0), navigation(0)

Gear:
Spoiler:

Funds: 90 credits.

Hitpoints:6
Str:14
Int:16
Wis:10
Dex:17
Con:14
Cha:10

General interests/goals:(These are reminders for me when I can get more skills)
Spoiler:

Background: Will edit later.
Disgraced former captain of a Naval Warship, ended up stripped of rank and exiled due to a rival Noble family and their machinations. He now works as a pilot hiring out his services to anyone who can pay.

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-04-28, 01:58; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 22:52

Well, make sure you file those interests away, they can be your goals, for the completion of which you shall receive xp. Just need to roll your base stats now.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:12

WHAT THE SHIFTY FUDGE

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:13

wat wat wat?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:14

Will do!
Also general starship aesthetic?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:16

Industrial, think firefly or Eve.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:22

Thanks, have you thought of the initial system we'll be in and the planets within?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-18, 23:44

Indeed, in your system, there is the planet you're starting on, named Requil. Requil is heavily industrialised, and heavily populated, it has three main continents, Tiber, Soumat, and Ceres. Tiber lies in the northern hemisphere, as does soumat, soumat is closer to the equator however and contains the vast desert known as the outlands, the settlements there are unregulated by the government and is effectively a lawless wastelend. Soumat also contains a jungle, and as such that area of the continent is populated with farms and logging operations. 

Tiber is the main populated continent, and the second largest after soumat, its mostly temperate, with a large mountain range almost bisecting it, the south is obviously warmer. 

Ceres lies on the south pole, and is almost entirely uninhabited. 

Above the planet there is a large space station, officially known as "Platform two." More commonly referred to as simply "Plat." Platform one occupies the opposite orbit to platform two, and is a purely military instillation. 

The two moons of Requil, Unos and Temne, are both home to mining operations. 

The other planets of the system are a gas giant, Tol, an ice world, Yetta, and a volcanic world Vula. 

As of yet, only Yetta has been home to any large scale settlement, Vula has a research base, and tol has no permanent orbital or atmospheric emplacements.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-19, 02:47

Evangeline (Eva)
Class: warrior
Homeworld: Unknown
Language: English, Binary
Background Package: Technician
Training package: assassin
Skills: Tech/Postech, Tech/Medical, Culture/Requil, Athletics, Combat/Projectile Weapons, Exosuit, Culture/Criminal, Stealth, Tactics
Equipment: 
Spoiler:

Funds: 191
Stats
Hitpoints: 6
Strain: 8
Str: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 13
Dex: 13
Con: 14
Cha: 11

Background:
Spoiler:

Appearence: 
Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-20, 03:21

Skyward Steel expansion for SWN: https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1402/10/1402109285330.pdf

Adds new shit!
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-20, 13:52

There are many many many of those. Starvation cheap adds military shit, suns of gold adds merchant systems, engines of babylon adds more vehicles, and many many more.

If you want to change stuff in your character for stuff in that book, go ahead, you were a captain after all.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-20, 13:54

I was going to be using this book to create the space station in orbit above Requil
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-20, 15:24

Yes, I'm actually back. Rae actually managed to entice me with this and after looking over SWN and much discussion, I've decided to join. I'm looking forward to this being my first proper tabletop style RPG experience. Now then, here's my character.

Stars Beyond Number Characters

Name: Malcom Reynolds
Class: Warrior
Homeworld: Velren
Language: English
Background Package: Soldier
Training Package: Adventuring Warrior
Skills: Combat/Projectile, Combat/Unarmed, Culture/World, Tactics, Exosuit, Athletics, Computer, Tech/Postech

Stats:

Hitpoints: 9

Strength: 13
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 12
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 16
Charisma: 7

Equipment: Woven combat armor, combat rifle, leather jacket, semi-automatic pistol, 100 rounds of rifle ammunition, 40 rounds of pistol ammunition, 4 days food/water, Tech 4 backpack

General Interests/Goals: Helping others, earning money and going into some sort of business for himself, exploring the galaxy and rediscovering lost technologies or helping create new ones, the advancement of mankind as a species, technologically and otherwise, not generally xenophobic but has low tolerance for slavers, corrupt officials, lazy bums, etc.

Background: Malcom went to a highly-accredited engineering college on a federal scholarship for those who showed high technical aptitude but came from lower income backgrounds. This came with the stipulation that he serve a full term in his nation’s military. Due to his engineering background, Malcom not only attended basic training but was also given the education needed to be an effective combat engineer. After serving his term he tried to find jobs with numerous companies, large and small, and the government but recent economic hardships combined with government corruption and corruption in the private sector made such a thing an impossibility. Angered by this and the abuses of power by the powerful and wealthy and abuses of government systems designed to help the poor by those unwilling to work and support themselves, Malcom left his home system and turned to mercenary work to finance his adventures and dreams of returning humanity to its path of ascendancy.
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-20, 15:34

Gentelmens. this is the Roll20 link [REDACTED]
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-22, 21:58

Rae, do you have Engines of Babylon?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-22, 22:09

I do indeed
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-22, 22:11

Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   2017-04-25, 21:31

Have you got any other expansion packs for it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars Without Number   

Back to top Go down

Stars Without Number
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1