PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 10:53

"...right"

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 18:08

meanwhile at the defense line
the ground begins a rumbling

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 18:09

Logen: *Stands up at the parapet* +Men, do we see anything?+ *Mutters to himself* "An hour of sleep... well, it'll have to do."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 18:24

+Sir....incoming. Missiles incoming sir! headed right for our artillery positions!+

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 18:48

Logen: +Forget the artillery you can't save it! Get out of there soldier!+
Back to top Go down
Marha

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 19:03

Laurana hold the hand and get up. Headache still. She looked as in shock at the woman behind the medic.
-Who are you? Do I know you?
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 19:12

Serah: "That is quite unlikely, I left the order quite some time ago."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 19:26

+yes my lord!+

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 20:20

+Brothers, prepare for assault!+ *Along the line, salamanders make ready, speaking words of encouragement to their human allies, and checking their weapons.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 20:37

the scions also take up strategic positions along the defence line as missiles continue to pound the artillery positions. the ground is trembling as through the smoke in front of the defence lines parts, a pair of gorgon armoured transports, modified to cover the obvious weak point atop them, emerge, like great triremes of old earth, parting the tank traps and other barricades like waves, mines detonating harmlessly against their hulls

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:01

Logen: +Brothers! To the skies!+ *From three seperate points along the line, jump packs ignite, hurling three astartes into the air, thundering towards the transports.* +Assault pattern fourteen, leftmost transport, Meltas on the tracks.+ *The assault marines begin a complex manuvering pattern to dodge potential incoming fire, cutting their engines, turning their bodies, then firing the jets again in a seemingly random pattern, all while moving closer to the transports*

???: +Lascannon teams, target the rear gun emplacements.+ *A fusillade of lascannon shots from along the line begin to pepper the advancing transports, most simply striking the front shield, but it is only a matter of time at this point, before the guns begin to be taken out.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:05

the armour has been clearly reinforced with armoured ceramite. the lascannons do damage yes, but it is greatly diminished, as several of the lascannon blasts simply glance off.
the gun emplacements of the gorgons open up on the assault marines, the air filling with machine gun fire. the heavy bolters on the side of the gorgons also open up, aiming for the lascannon teams
they're getting dangerously close now

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:12

*A lascannon blast scores a hit on the leftmost gorgon's left gun sponson, and the assault marines take their chance, logen dives, landing in the newly created blind spot, and rams a melta charge against the front drivewheel with a metallic clunk, as the melta charge's magnetic clamp activates.* +Pattern six, we await+ *He activates his jump pack, and then detonates the melta charge, evaporating the drivewheel, and leaving one of the gorgon's stranded.*

???: +Lascannon teams, break down, take cover, our work is done.+

Logen: +Guardsmen, affix bayonets, prepare to repel the second transport.+
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:16

the disabled transport's front hatch opens, as does the other one's now it has reached the defense lines
as expected, the open hatch is filled with fire from the defenders...but to their horror what emerges is barely effected
Renegade Bullgryn Brutes, behind a wall of slab shields, anything short of an anti tank weapon just glancing off of their shields. they advance, seleicid thorakite soldiers advancing behind the shields, the bullgryns laying down suppressing fire with their grenade gauntlets

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:24

*Logen and the other two assault marines slam into the group closest to the lines.*
Logen: "INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE!" *He slams down, directly on top of a bullgryn, his boot crushing its skull with the thunderous impact. his two brothers impact similarly, one into the selecid's chainsword already screaming.*

*The second transport's occupants attract the ire of the predator's gunner, who leaves a substantial gap in the line with a blast from his twin linked lascannon. The heavy bolters begin to open up, and one of the Seleicid's steps on a mine, and is blown to bloody giblets.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:31

a second line of bullgryns engages logen's men, wielding brute shields and power mauls, pummeling the astartes with enough strength and furiosity, that the marines are forced back

the bullgruns shieldwall holds against the lascannons, taking damage but not enough to stop them, as they continue to advance

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:36

*The bullgryns may fight with strength and tenacity rivalling an astartes, but nothing like their skill and speed, and the three assault marines change tactic, weaving around or leaping over the ogryns to attack the the far less resilient humans among them*

*The group furthest away begins to feel the full weight of the minefield, to continue to advance would surely be suicide.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:39

the moment the astartes try to leap over the bullgryns, a wall of las, plasma and shotgun fire greets them. far too much for even an astartes to survive for longer than a few seconds, IE GTFO
as for the other group, the ogryns shieldwall parts, as a group of slavering, insane chaos spawn bound forward into the minefield, mines exploding underfoot, usually not enough to kill them as they continue, clearing a path for the infantry

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:45

*The assault marines cut their losses and retreat, not before leaving an explosive present, in the form of three frag grenades hurled over the bullgryns' shields.*

Logen: +Brother Tyren, we require your support at bunker thirteen.+

Tyren: +Confirmed brother, I will be there within moments.+ *True to his word tyren soon appears, walking out of the second line trench, is autocannon spitting fire into the advancing chaos spawn.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:52

the chaos spawn go down, but their job is done. the bullgryns set themselves up as an impromptu defense line as the thorakite behind set up heavy weapons, laying down autocannon and lascannon fire into the defenders, lascannons aimed squarely at the predator

meanwhile the grenade knocks the thorakite on their asses, but their carapace armour protects them
the bullgryns are now dangerously close to the defenders now

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:57

*It is at this point that Raeven joins the battle, Leaping from the firing step, and charging towards the bullgryns nearest to the line, wielding his huge powersword, yelling bloody murder.*

Raeven: "YOU SHALL DIE THIS DAY!"

*Meanwhile, the other group, newly removed of their chaos spawn, come under fire from a very angry contemptor dreadnought, all while said dreadnought is thundering down on them at full tilt.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 21:59

the moment Raeven gets anywhere near close, the shieldwall parts, as a trio of meltagunner thorakite blast the salamander point blank

the dreadnought starts walking over their own mines as the lascannons focus fire on him

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:05

*The dreadnought gives precisely zero shits about the puny energy weapons, they either dissapate across its shielding, or dig new furrows into his breastplate, his Assault cannon shreds though the carapace armoured renagades as he charges, behind him, with him taking all the fire, the heavy weapons emplacements once again open up with renewed fury, hammering down upon them with heavy bolters and lascannons.*

*Raeven disappears in a cloud of vaporised armour, then through the gap in the shields, one of the devastator marines lays down a burst of heavy bolter shells, tearing the melta gun equipped men asunder.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:13

two of the meltagunners go down, but the shieldwall closes very very fast as they continue advancing.

meanwhile, the lascannon teams are well protected by their ogryn meatshields, as a well placed shot takes off tyren's power fist entirely

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:30

*Tyren continues, running at full speed at the ogryn shieldwall, he impacts it, slamming into it with the force of a high speed truck.*

*Raeven comes up and swinging, his huge sword taking an ogryn's lower legs off, as the blade goes under its shield, then he puts his shoulder to the shield, and pushes through the line at that point.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:33

this does not happen
rather, to his surprise, at some unseen signal, the shieldwall parts, letting him past, into a gap made by the soldiers behind. he is then blasted from left, right and right infront, by meltas, plasmas, and krak grenades in very large numbers, again point blank

the ogryns do not slow, the shields being too low for his sword to really get under them to the legs so not sure how he did that
at this point he's hitting a moving fortress wall with a sword, and it aint doing much except threatening to trample him underneath

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:41

*Tyren falls to this ungodly fusillade of fire*

Logen: "BROTHER TYREN!"

Raeven: *He continues his assault unphased, and much to the surprise of the ogryns, his gigantic blade does in fact carve clean through their shields on the thrust. and he begins to use this to his advantage, stabbing the ogryns, one by one.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:44

at this point the missiles stop falling on the artillery positions....but its obvious to anyone who knows anything about iron warriors, that they're just re-targeting

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:45

Logen: +TAKE COVER!+

Raeven: *He breaks through the ogryn's line, having cut through enough ogryns to all but destroy the shield wall's centre.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:52

the grenadiers focus fire on the captain, hot shot lasfire, melta fire, plasma fire and grenades all directed at him

at which point a rain of heavy artillery missiles begins to fall on the guardsmen

chard+CAPTAIN! PULL BACK! WE CANNOT HOLD!+

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 22:57

Raeven: +Pull back without me! I will recover Brother Tyren!+ *He continues to fight through them, his sword clearing a bloody swath through the lightly armoured soldiers, but their concentrated fire behins to puncture his armour, and his movements slow, he reaches out and bathes a grenadier in flame with the flamer built into his left gauntlet, then his outstretched arm is blown off at the elbow, vapourised by a melta blast, then another strikes him in the knee, and he finally falls.*

Logen: +YOU HEARD HIM, RETREAT!+
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:01

the scions slowly, reluctantly, fall back
meanwhile, several of the ogryns have grabbed tyren's chassis and are dragging it back to the gorgon

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:04

Tyren: +Worry not brothers... It would appear my time has come.+ *He turns his vox off* "At least bring my arm as well, if you intend to take me captive, take ALL OF ME!"

Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:04

another ogryn does have his arm

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:06

Tyren: "Who's ordered this, talk to me you misbegotten creatures!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:07

*Raeven begins to stir, as the internal bleeds stop, and his organs begin to knit together once more*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:08

at this point he's on his own, surrounded by renegades

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:11

Raeven: *he pushes himself up on his one remaining arm, the severed flesh of his leg beginning to knit together.* *He drags a renegade of their feet, and claws spring from his right gauntlet, a pair of short powered blades, he punches them into the fallen renegades neck, then raises to a crouch*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:12

at which point he takes an ogryn power maul to the face, knocking him back into the dirt
Renegade: run back to your lines, astartes. Or die.

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:14

Raeven: *He rises to his feet, blood dripping from his stump.* "Die?" *He laughs* "You cannot kill me renegade. Better than you have tried."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   2016-12-30, 23:16

*power maul*
"You're too late to save the dreadnought." *other gorgon leaves, tyren aboard*

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A slightly smaller Mess   

Back to top Go down

A slightly smaller Mess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next