Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azrok

PostSubject: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-23, 22:58

This thread is about an upcoming sci fi RP for our little community where you guys put in some factions , which includes , factions , sector , planets and species .each sector has 6 to 10  planets , please do explain as much detail as you can  when everyone who wants to join or create a sector or faction ect ect  then I'll add them to a galactic map similar to mass effect or star wars .
Back to top Go down
Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-23, 23:21

This Galaxy is the home of many people and with it conflicts but what makes this Galaxy unique is the heart only known by two names , the anomaly, or simply the void.
Back to top Go down
Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-23, 23:44

You can only start with one sector , I will be making a map after everyone's posted their sector and try not to make things OP and please help give others advice to prevent this , every sector is unique from each other remember.
Back to top Go down
Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-24, 00:48

Roll call please so I can get a list of who's interested
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-24, 03:02

Hiiii, me.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-11-24, 07:37

The Braenaran Empire.

As a Constitutional Monarchy, the empire is ruled by an elected Prime Minister and an unelected sovereign. Thereby binding their people together under the sovereign whilst still allowing the political freedoms of a Parliamentary Democracy.
The Empire itself is made up of billions of people and multiple planets,most notably Cartref(their home world), Tiberia(the accidental first colony), Omega (The second colony), and multiple other smaller colonial settlements.

Society:
Spoiler:

Planets:
Spoiler:

Military Tech:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-01-20, 18:10; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-02, 21:25

I do have a small amount of interest in this, although whether this is a chance for new ideas or just a chance for old ones to finally be implemented isn't entirely clear to me. While the dominant race present is done in terms of society and general demeanor, their appearance is still in question. For now I devote free time to molding the star system itself rather than the life on it. The first planet I have available is more or less 95% complete and for now sits in a novel format

Zudreiturn, 'The Shadow Planet'
A warm terran planet on the tightest orbit in the goldilocks zone, this planet was the cradle for the greatest civilization of the system. Once they achieved spaceflight they encountered their neighbors further away from the star but still inside the goldilocks zone. While physically the species wasn't impressive as a whole their neighbors more than made up for their shortcomings. A tolerant species they extended their technology to their newfound neighbors and catapulted them to the stars. As an extension of goodwill they established communication centers on this new world to keep their trust that their interests were protected as well as their own. Together they formed a bond of brain and brawn, but they did their best to keep it mutual rather then oppressive. At some point Zudreiturn changed, all communications cut off from the planet for a time and the planet itself, warm and inviting, fell into utter blackness and shadow. Since then their neighbors have been isolated once more and the communication hubs abandoned as only static and whispers come from the planet. With their allies lost and their remaining tech limited the neighbor race sent their most curious explorers on expeditions to Zudreiturn. 12 were ever sent and 10 of them lost contact after breaching the atmosphere. 2 made it to the surface and only one came back. While on planet communications was garbled and images distorted into incomprehensible colors. From what they could gather those who passed into the atmosphere had their minds assaulted and those whose withstood this were coherent enough to land their ship. The one survivor brought to light what his predecessor tried to communicate while on planet, and what his last moment must've been.

"You want to know about Zudreiturn? Personally I think the planet should be destroyed, what I saw would be called a living planet, a ravenous planet. When I went down I heard something scream in my head, like a wild animal that clawed at my very being. Once I got on the ground I could only see with what light I brought with me and with the crimson red lightning that struck across the sky. Upon the ground were swathes and patches of this black tar-like goo, however it dripped off easily enough. Between the constant lightning strikes I could hear the occasional howling in the distance. As I returned to my ship, feeling like I overstayed my welcome, the ground began crumbling beneath me and my ship. I wasn't going to die there, so I ran for the cockpit and immediately fired up the engines. I narrowly escaped the ship crashing into the rapidly forming gorge beneath me when suddenly the earth itself grew teeth of rock. The opening to the gorge grew teeth and the ground itself cracked and stretched as in the cameras I saw the same tar-like goo reaching for my ship from the gorge's depths like tendrils, ready to pull me into the maw of the planet. All around me I saw that same goo dripping from the walls and by over clocking my engines I managed to blast out of there before the maw closed. As I blasted my way to space the sky above me turned violent, more so than it was already, as a lightning storm the likes of which I've never seen anywhere roared above me, I had no choice but to gun it through the storm's center and escape the blasted planet while lightning raged against the ship. It wasn't until I landed back home did I realize the extra armor on my ship was probably the only thing between me and death as the lightning itself tore the hull to near shreds... The planet is alive and hungry, whoever is still on it should be put out of their misery and the planet destroyed, ignore me if you think me crazy but heed my warning and never set foot on the planet"

The sole surviving explorer's story has been met with criticism and theories involving both what is happening on the planet, the extent of these happenings, and even some about what would happen if the planet was destroyed, and if the planet's presence means anything for the sector in the future. All agree however that the planet itself is too hostile for life for now
Back to top Go down
Faelwen

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-03, 06:36

Look who had nothing to do and got their shit together for this

Zudreiturn, 'The Shadow Planet'
Background:

Survivor's Recollection:

Speculation:

Keovis
Background:

Keovisians
Appearance & Attributes:

Social Stances:

Reproduction & Courtship:

Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-12, 21:43

I'll join in, just haven't had time to write any lore yet
give me a week and I'll start, just busy right now cause its the last week of uni

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-12, 22:13

Xon:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3lkOLTb0ZHIFnXv7cJ0VQ
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-12, 23:28

The Liber Conglomerate:

The Castes:

System:

Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-13, 21:38

Biology of the Liber:

Technology:

Space Travel:

Politics:

Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-13, 22:01

OOC: so when do we start? :P
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-14, 00:06

OOC: He says that it will start in about a week, once everyone has finished designing their races. (Blame George, yesssss?)
He also is gonna draw up a few star charts, maps, ect.
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-14, 18:21

OOC: STOP THE PRESS!
I HAD INSPIRATION!

http://warhammerrejects.forumc.net
Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-14, 21:05

Note that most names are placeholders., i just cobbled this together in the past 2 hours or so

General:

Primary Strains:

Original:
- Bipedal
- 4 Arms: 2 higher(shoulder, stronger, more armoured, clawed, meant for fighting) 2 lower(weaker, smaller, meant for fine activities)
- See illustration for more.(add the 2 extra arms)
Spoiler:

Naga:
- Lost the legs. Easier movement int he marshy/jungly terrain with a long, snake-like body/tail. It is covered in bony ridges to increase traction.
- Males eventually lost lower arms in favor of stronger upper ones to fight large beasts easier.
- Strong venoms, especially for females, and high resistance to toxins
- Ambush predators
- Able to hold breath for a very long time.
Spoiler:

Replace human features. could not find too good illustration...:

Sea Serpent:
- Naga offshoot from before the males lose their arms. On the other hand, both male and female have lost the difference int he two, and both pairs are now of equal „value” for any task.
- Lives mostly int he water, although able to go on shore(still has lungs).
- Kept the naga body type, buti t has grown more accustomed to sea life, increasing in length, and losing the ridges in favour of smoothness and fins along its length.
- Also evolved gills, obviously…
- It is covered in iridescent scales that confuse potential prey on their planet of origin, although it mostly keep the blue hue of the ocean.
Feathered:
- Much lighter than the other strains. Still has 4 arms, but they are much less use as weapons than for the previous strains.
- Covered in lots of feathers. Enough to cover most of the body if they want it to.
- Feathers are able to change colours at will, providing chameleon level camouflage.
- Usually, however, they make use of itt o be as colourful and flamboyant as possible…

History/Culture:

Society:

Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 08:57

OOC. Okay, expansion to yesterday's stuff:
Race name: Khess

Origin planet: Betekhess. The planet is 1.6 times bigger than Earth, but gravity is only 1.45 times higher on the surface, suggesting lower overall density. The length of a day is roughly 30 hours, and the year is roughly 400 earth days. The planet is rather arid, although not unbearably so. Water is plenty, but in certain areas, while other get little rain over the year. Much of the continents is covered in rocky cliffs. It is not uniform, however, as there are also the expected deserts, jungles, expansive forests, and oceans.
The capital of the world is currently Rhax, a militaristic city-state who has won the last 3 wars for dominion over the planet. All other city-states owe allegiance to them until defeated in one way or another, but each city is largely autonomous within its sphere of influence.
Officially, Rhax is also the capital of the Khess empire, but there is currently a rising tension between Khess and other major worlds regarding the status of colonies as independent or subject to the same rules as Khess. Negotiations are underway.
Upon the surface of Khess, there are large areas set aside for wars. This is as much the national sport, as it is a struggle for power: The winner takes all.
The leader of Rhax is Thaosk-Vitrox Vus Rhax, assisted by his mate, Kreh-Kharox Ves Rhax.

Srotta: Second planet to be colonized. It is covered in dense jungles, and marshes, interspersed with small seas. Finding it hard to move around with legs sinking knee deep every step, the Khess have absorbed the traits of a local animal, evolving into the Auz strain with naga-like bodies. the planet, though extremely unsuited for any sort of industry, it is quite rich in mineral wealth and wildlife. In order to avoid the jungle and water ruining everything built, the Auz have developed a habit of building vast underground cities deep below the hostile biosphere. They now provide much of the empire's materials and industrial capacity.

Srus: Colonized by a group of dissatisfied Auz who have had enough of the jungles. The planet is almost entirely covered in ocean, with only one major continent, and many smaller islands scattered on it. As such ,the locals have adapted by adding fins, gills, and all else needed for underwater life. Although the planet itself is quite pleasant, it is hardly a powerhouse. It has decent economy, but its main output is food. The oceans provide it in vast quantities and is largely exported off-world. Due to the fact that there is little to no limit on the size of the population, and food is plentiful, the planet has the largest population of all the Khess worlds.

Azuru: Home of the Durize, the feathered ones. The planet is smaller than Earth, and only has 0.9 times its gravity, which is almost half of Betekhess', resulting in an inevitable lighter strain of Khess. These khess, while able to operate in usual gravity, are not suited for heavy lifting at all. They have also adopted the fetahers of a local animal, able to change colour at will. The styling and colouring of their feathers is a point of great pride to the Durize. They are highly cultured, at least they think so, and have little to no interest in participating in wars, and are more than happy to just be left to their own work. They do, however, make use of their camouflage ability to maintain their status in the wars when someone encroaches on their rights to autonomy.

Addendum: All planets are host to multiple strains. Srus, for example, does have deep-sea Khess who rarely, if ever rise to the surface. Such substrains and exceptional individuals are not listed here.

Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 10:14

Religion: Most Khess follow the one faith that rose before the end of the age of wars. It is based upon the idea of intelligent design. It is based upon multiple proofs:
1.: The sheer fact that they are the only species able to successfully mate with other species and produce viable offspring.
2.: Their DNA being a triple helix instead of the usual double one of their homeworld
3.: Their uncanny ability to repair and recombine DNA seemingly exceeding natures ability to do so.
4.: They just seem too perfectly made for it to be the result of natural evolution.
5.: An ancient ruin below a holy site, of unknown origin and largely alien design. Among other things, it has murals, these obviously created by their ancestors. It depicts what is supposed to be their creation, and fight for early survival by and against the gods, with one of the gods turning against the others and creating the first Khess.

The religious beliefs are largely derived from said murals, and dictate that they were created by, very creatively, the Creator, who also goes by many other local names. The first of their kind were created by the bodyguards of the Creator. Eventually, the other gods turned against the creator, and tried to destroy both the Khess and the Creator. The Creator fought back, and hid some of the Khess, who eventually became the ancestors of modern Khess.
Followers believe that the Creator made the Khess to be his bodyguards, and as such, their purpose is to be fine warriors and loyal companions to their lord. The Khess of Betekhess follow this creed strongly, and are the masters of war, and would follow their liege to the depths of hell and back if required. The Durize, on the other hand, believe that they were meat to be fine companions, and strive to reach the peaks of culture to achieve that. The Srus and Auz are less faithful than the others, and mostly just do what they want, while vaguely honoring the creator's perceived will.

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 12:57

Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 13:42

OOC. ....i must object to you posting that without knowledge or consent.... this is still unrefined, and most certainly not a format that can be posted on a wiki... as in, it is much too informal... it is also filled with typos... also, it is a misuse of IP...

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 13:56

Well, I tried to correct them myself...

If you want to update something, you can go to the wiki and etit your article
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 14:05

OOC. I would like it removed for now please.
You basically took a rough sketch i slapped together in 3 hours and posted it as if it was a finished product

Himfea Gaur

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 14:47

Chill, no one sees it or knows that it is your product. You can improve it over time
Back to top Go down
Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 14:50

OOC eh, best to respect naz's wishes on this one i think himfea

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 14:53

I'll remove the links from main page

the pages are not accesible by link now, but they still exist and editable
Back to top Go down
Nazamroth
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-15, 14:55

OOC. yay... i dont like presenting unfinished results to the audience...

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-18, 01:33

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-18, 13:10

Ooc: *has veitnam flashbacks to xcom 2*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-19, 23:20

OOC: *flashbacks to all the 'art' of Snek tits I found when my friends decided to troll me*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-19, 23:24

Ooc: "Its not hentai it's art!"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-20, 00:33

Back to top Go down
Azrok

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2016-12-23, 16:35

Sorry it's taking so long my lap top which had my files and map location broke broke so I need to post my races and make the map again
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   2017-01-20, 18:02

His laptop is still dead btw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)   

Back to top Go down

Galaxy under siege ( Community lore)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1